1. Your skin can only get sun-damaged on sunny days.
FALSE. Even on overcast and chilly days, the sun’s UV rays are no less strong, and can still do significant damage to your skin. The sun’s UV radiation is what causes skin issues such as hyperpigmentation and early aging, temperature has nothing to do with it. So be sure to apply your SPF every single day, not just when you’re headed to the beach.
2. Toothpaste can be used to treat breakouts.
False. While toothpaste does have a drying effect on the skin, it is filled with detergents and preservatives which are extremely harmful and can cause skin issues over time. A product which contains salicylic acid is your best bet when it comes to spot treatment.
3. You should only use moisturizer on cold, dry days.
4. Retinol is only meant for nighttime.
5. Facial Oils are only meant for those with dry skin.
6. Razored-off hair grows back stronger.
7. Sleeping with your makeup on isn’t THAT bad.
8. Pulling one gray hair leads to more grays.